Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Top 20 Photos of 2013 Selection Troubles

While preparing for the Top 20 Photos of 2013 blog hop, I've been having some trouble whittling down my group of 84 images. I've now got it down to 54 and I've realised an important element in doing that.

Take for example this photo:



It's a nice-looking photo with good composition, great colour and sharp and clear. But there is no story behind it. It's just a cluster of flowers I spotted while walking. There is nothing particularly unique about it, and while it would grace my nature blog, it has unfortunately been cut from the Top 20 Photos of 2013.

Here's another example:



I actually really like this photo, it was the very first butterfly I snapped at the Butterfly Park. However, I have other similar photos to this and I prefer another one. So in an effort to keep a good variety in my Top 20 Photos of 2013, this one has been given the chop.

One more example:



This is a monochrome shot of the KTM Headquarters in KL. The architecture is nice and all, but again, I don't really have any story to tell about it. And if there is no story to tell, no personal meaning or significance to the photo, then it's probably just a random shot which is not going to enhance my collection of the Top 20 Photos of 2013.

I'm still going through my shortlisted photos, all 54 of them, and asking myself the same question about each one: Is there a story behind it?





5 comments:

  1. lovely shots




    ALOHA to YOU
    from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already signed up. Looking forward to the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more, indeed it does seem like a lengthy, difficult process narrowing all of them down. It would actually be awesome if you did more posts like this one, and start a series like 'the ones that didn't make the cut but came really close to it'. While they have no personal meaning to you, they are still wonderful photos and may have some meaning to someone out there. Just a suggestion :) looking forward to your top 20 Duncan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Randy, they're all just fine shots.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...