Saturday, September 10, 2011

Blog Flashbacks Saturday

On this weekend a year ago, in September 2010, I posted some information about the nature of my blog and published images of our home as it was then. It was interesting to see how much it has changed in just a year!







In September 2009, I was, as I am currently, busy watching great tennis from the U.S. Open. I'm a Federer loyalist and he is looking good this year. A couple of years ago he had just beaten Djokovic in the semis to book a final meeting with Juan Martin Del Potro, who famously beat my man in 5 close sets. 

Roger Federer performing a "tweener" - a shot hit between the legs with his back to the court. This shot was a sensational winner, flying straight past Djokovic!






I'm hoping that Federer can go all the way this year. He may be 30, he may have 2 young children, but he's still got the star quality!





8 comments:

  1. He's just such a gentleman too. I'll root for Murray as he's Scottish but I don't like him very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think too many people like Andy Murray. Roger is the perfect tennis example :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Federer is possibly the greatest player in history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Duncan. Hope you;re enjoying your weekend! I remember from previous posts just what a big fan you are of Roger Federer, so I hope he does well for you this year! I will think of you when I hear the results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leovi, Federer IS the greatest player in history. There is no doubt about that. I just fear that he'll never win another major title.

    Diane, you must know that I'm pretty upset about Federer's unbelievable loss to Novak Djokovic at the semi-finals. I still can't believe he lost it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture looks very classy. You should turn your living area black and white. Paint the walls white with black furnitures.. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Duncan. Love that shot of Federer! Wow, I just finished watching the US Open and felt so proud seeing Sam Stosur beating Serena Williams this morning. Such grace!

    Amazing how things change eh? In our homes and all around us. Looks like Roger is not going to win this year!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anna, I would actually like to paint the walls peach!

    Denise, I still can't believe Roger lost that semi-final match, but I love him nonetheless! Great picture though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...