Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Trees In Kuantan Part 1 - Trunks

Part 1 of the Trees In Kuantan series showcases the various trees around Kuantan. Today we will be looking at trunks. Some are fat, some thin, some rough, others smooth, some prickly and yet others deformed. Take a look at the following photographs and let me know how you feel.




Palm trees and coconut trees are ubiquitous in Malaysia

I love the distinct ringed design on the trunk



This design is particularly attractive


The bark has come away at the base of the trunk


Some of the roots spill out onto the pavement





Here, a large quantity of smaller trunks make up this tree

Reds, oranges and greens are on display in this plant


This labyrinthine network of trunks and branches is simply stunning


Branches and roots wrap themselves around the trunk


Green trunks, green leaves, these are beautiful trees


Did you spot the iguana climbing the tree? I must admit I didn't. Only until I'd uploaded the picture to my computer did I realise what a great photo I'd snapped! This iguana is perfectly camouflaged by the trunk of the tree.




The artistry on this trunk is amazing!


Only the remnants of a trunk remain of this tree

Here come the thick trunks. . . 











This twisting trunk can be found in Taman Gelora, Kuantan


Strips of old bark peel off the large trunk of this tree


A close-up view of a splitting trunk


Two strips of old bark hang like fangs on the trunk of this tree


Taken in September 2008, this was one of the earlier shots in this series; it's still one of my favourites.  Parts of the trunk grow outwards at the base to support the tree and prevent it from premature leaning




The trunk stands in the background as its roots serpentine away visibly above the ground


The next two trunks are seriously deformed. . . 











A row of hairy trunks line the road to East Coast Mall and the Zenith Hotel


This stem is missing its branches, but its intriguing shape captures our attention


This colourful trunk shoots up into the Kuantan sky, with its distinctive layers of growth recording its progress


Wow I love this photo! This solitary decrepit trunk stands in silhouette against blue skies, a grey cloud, and the imminent arrival of the sun




"And out of the ground made I, the Lord God, to grow every tree, naturally, that is pleasant to the sight of man; and man could behold it. And it became also a living soul. For it was spiritual in the day that I created it..."











4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I especially like the scripture quote at the end attributing these beautiful creations to God. I am a huge fan of trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mum, I thought the scriptural quote would round it off pretty nicely. Look out for more in the next 5 days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW.The picture below'The next two trunks are seriously deformed. . .' is in front of my house
    ?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...