Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Mum!

My mum turns 53 today and still looks about late 20's, (very) early 30's. She is the best mother I could have wished for and I couldn't really have hand-picked a finer parent. I continue to be amazed at her levels of patience and endurance in the face of discouragement and illness, which perseverance inspires me to be strong like her. She always used to remark to me in my little times of uncertainty: "My name is Duncan Horne, and I can do anything!" Many times this little sentence has spurred me on to achieve things I never thought possible.


So thank you mum for being grand in my eyes, and I wish you the happiest birthday of all!


2 comments:

  1. Your gorgeous wifeJune 1, 2010 at 2:27 PM

    Oh! That's lovely honey! Made me cry! Wish I could say something like that about my mum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Duncan! Made me cry too Fie.
    Our little conversation used to go like this....
    MUM: What's your name?
    DUNC: Duncan David Horne.
    MUM: Who are you?
    DUNC: A child of God.
    MUM: And what can you do?
    DUNC: ANYTHING!!!
    I never realised at the time that it made such an impression on you, so I'm glad it stuck with you and is still helping you now.
    Love you all xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...