Friday, October 30, 2009

Kuantan Sights

Kuantan rather reminds me of Ipoh. I stayed there for a too-short 3 months back in 2004 and gradually fell in love with the place. Like Ipoh, Kuantan is a small town which is generally quiet and peaceful. Located well away from the hustle and bustle of Kuala Lumpur, one can appreciate more fully the stunning nature scenes Malaysia has to offer.

I have had in my storage vaults a number of photographs taken as far back as 2007, from various places around Kuantan. One simply has to venture on a brief saunter around the streets of Bukit Sekilau to feast upon flowers and other fascinating plants growing by the roadside and in front gardens. Here are a few of my favourite scenes of my current home village...






This picture of a mature hibiscus is my pride and joy. I have never held my camera so still in 'no flash' mode! The blurry dancing circles of colour in the top left perfectly contrast with the sharp clarity of the hibiscus' erect stamen.









In Malaysia this flower is known as Bunga Kertas, which translates as 'Paper flower' because, well, it looks like paper!









I think you will agree with me that the beauty of these flowers need no lengthy written description. It just wouldn't do them justice. There is most definitely a God who created this glorious natural world.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...