Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Something smells fishy...

I had wanted one of these for quite a while. Our friend had suggested we start with something small and easy to maintain. Last night we got just what we wanted. After taking Lauren to the clinic to get something for her itchy skin, I spotted it to the right on the corner of the shoplot.

An aquarium shop.

Whilst Lauren was enthralled by the rabbits and hamsters, Fidelia and I began asking the shopkeeper many questions about buying fish and an aquarium and looking after the fish. Discovering that the smallest aquarium was a snip at RM12, she quickly decided that we were buying it right there and then!

We bought some decorations and fish food along with some anti-chlorine formula for changing the water every week. We now plan to go to the beach to find some pretty shells to add to our new fishes' home.

I selected 5 females and 3 males, so we hope that they will breed so we can witness a cycle of new life.

The fish are tiny, no more than 3 or 4 centimetres in length, and I already love them. I believe they are catfish though I'm not entirely sure which species.




My favourite fish is the dark blue guy, who I've named Xavier. Keep reading for further updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and opinions. I'll be responding soon! I will not be publishing anonymous comments so make sure you leave your name with your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...